View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Will Amazon forgo quality to enhance quantity?

I see in another thread that Steve Jordan is publishing his books for Kindle, and I applaud that because I have read and enjoyed his work...

...but...

I can't help feeling very concerned that Amazon is improving its bragging rights regarding the quantity of available Kindle content by allowing just anyone to self-publish their books. Will we be seeing a lot of unedited, unproofed content, and much of it frankly not very well written?

I can see that I will be reading an awful lot of first chapters, just to determine if this new author I never heard of is an undiscovered gem or just a writer-wannabe.

Editors are good, they do valuable work...has Amazon bothered to hire any, or did they just throw open the doors to anyone with a modem and a dream?
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote