View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 07:04 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to see you here, Michael. You really should give a reader a fair crack o' the whip, though. I guarantee you'd go through the same change of mind I did. No way now would I read a treebook from choice.

I'm going into hospital for a week or two after the weekend, as you might know ... and I'm actually looking forward to it. I'll take along a hundred or two books in the reader (which will tuck neatly into my shaving bag) and be able to pick and choose at leisure. I could take a thousand or two more if I was to be in for any great length of time.

There'll be a drip in my arm, of course, but what the heck. You hold the reader in one hand and turn the pages with the thumb of that hand. Whenever a nurse of doc interrups, there's no messing with bookmarks or dogearing a page, I just switch off. When I switch on again, there's me at the page I was reading from.

I can turn pages 7,000 times on a single charge, so I probably won't need to charge it up over the two weeks I'm in bed. No bother, though -- plug it into the electric shaver point in my bathroom and it's back at full power within an hour.

And as for losing it -- place your bet. This wee gizmo is fasr too important to me. I could no more lost it than I could my favourite pipe.

Go on, Mike. Give it a try. If you find you're one of te very few who's not hooked within a week, you could always re-sell it here or elsewhere because they tend to hold their value.

Cheers for now. Catch you when I'm back in the Land of the Living. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote