View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #159
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I feed my 1DollarScan PDFs into ABBYY, save to HTML, and open that in Sigil. You have to scroll through and slap new chapters in place (there's a shortcut key in Sigil; I think it's Cntr+Enter to separate a new chapter at your cursor position), but then you just save as ePUB and done.
Yes, but you have the professional version of ABBYY, I think. With the Sprint version I won't be able to feed the Bookscan or 1DollarScan PDFs into ABBYY Sprint. It won't open them.

I am not sure if it's worthwhile to buy the upgrade. I need to look into whether the scanning services offer a format I can easily import into Sigil, and if that is more cost effective. I suppose it will depend upon how many books I end up sending.

Right now, I am thinking maybe 1 large USPS flat rate box and one large box of paperbacks sent Media Mail.

Anamardoll, did you compare the cost of shipping paperbacks flat rate compared to media mail? I'm not in any kind of hurry. I don't own a scale, otherwise I could compare prices online.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote