View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #40
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Got my new Arc, replacing the Vox I had for a year. I am impressed!

Getting used to the tapestries: I somehow accidentally created multiple tapestry levels. I don't seem to be able to move an icon from a tapestry to a higher level. So I deleted the items in the tapestry that I created, and its parent, and ITS parent (don't know how I did all that without a "Create tapestry" command -> perhaps because in moving an icon, I dragged it on top of another?). So I needed to repin all the icons. (Bonus: Found the "Currently reading (small)" Kobo widget!)

Tapestry editing comments:
* it would be nice to be warned about creating new tapestries - suggestion: a dialog to give it a name, with a cancel button that would not create it
* it would be VERY nice to be able to move it out of the current tapestry to the parent - suggestion: long-click would provide a "move up" as well as "trash" option. With confirmation dialog.
* an option to collapse all contents of a tapestry to its parent - suggestion: in the same dialog as "Rename Current Tapestry"
* it's hard to navigate wide tapestries. It would be nice if the scroll to the right or left would stop more easily on the next screen-width of items.
* it would be nice to shove them out of the way as you move an item with the cursor (a la iOS home screen editing). It's hard to organize the contents of a tapestry.
1. Coming.
2. Long press and drag the item to top of the screen. Wait a few seconds and it will take you into the parent Tapestry.
3. We tested that way and the snapping type of scrolling was not well received.
4. Working on it.

Hope that helps!
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote