View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #15
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I had a hard time deciding between four of them: Naked, Cold Comfort Farm, Radioactive Lady or Confederacy Of Dunces. They all look good in their own way.

Naked is a great and funny book, but after reading up on some reviews I decided to go with another. I am a fan of melodramatic and melancholic classics (speaking of which, I recently saw the new Jane Eyre film and it's fantastic), so it intrigued me to hear of a book lampooning them.

In fact, I went ahead and bought it because I was too curious and (harumph!) there were no previews anywhere. The stupid nook preview contained the forward! So now I'm already a few chapters into Cold Comfort Farm and am enjoying it. I've already laughed out loud a few times. The oddest thing about it is that it's technically science fiction, since it's set slightly in the future from when it was written and some characters occasionally have some advanced technology.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote