View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 08:56 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
1. Can the CF card be safely inserted and removed from the iLiad with it turned on, or should it only be done with the machine turned off?
Yes, but you should have your files closed, especially when taking notes. Otherwise, you will loose the current page information or even your scribbles.

Quote:
2. I have to write files to the CF card via the PC's card reader, yes? It doesn't show up over the USB connection.
Yes.

Quote:
3. Any noticeable effect on battery life, reading from CF rather than main memory?
Yes. And it depends strongly on the used card. I have a 2 GB card wihich really drains power (noname) and i know mainly use a 256MB card, which is alot friendlier to battery life. I heard people say, that SD cards are using less power than CF. Cannot confrim it though.

Quote:
4. Will any size CF card work, or is there a max size limit as there is for SD cards?
Officially there is a 4GB limit to CF cards. Although i read on the forum here, that someone gaot a transcend 8GB working on his iLiad.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote