View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 04:40 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail_Dive_&_Fly View Post
I am told (?) iPad automatically scales images to fill width, and Calibre does not. This internal handling of images accounts for the difference of views.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I assume from your side info that you are referring to calibre's viewer. In reference to ePub books I believe calibre views the images as the enclosed html dictates and does not automatically resize any image

I am sure that the iPad also respects the html in the epub book. Images are used for all sorts of things in books and any reader that indiscriminately automatically scales images to fill the width would drastically alter the intention of many images.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote