View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 03:17 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
"Just" implies without judicial process. Remember, BREIN is a private organization just like all the other anti-pirate organizations out there, and they don't have any legal or investigative authority.
And you have to wonder what they will do with that info. Will they suspend accounts associated with those names? I don't know anything about Dutch law but taking action like that against someone who hasn't been convicted of wrong doing would create an uproar round the U.S. I would think. That would be judging them guilty without the 'formality' of a trial. I mean how would they know that the actual person who bought the book was responsible for it being illegally distributed? Someone could have hacked their account (if they have the book stored online) and gotten it that way.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote