View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Yes. If the point of the thread is to recommend good self-pub books, then the recommendations forum is clearly the place for it.
Agreed, as far as your exact wording goes-- if the post is simply to recommend a good self-pub, it belongs in "Recommendations".
If the post is intended to point out a "freebie or deal" that happens to be self-pubbed, with a mention that the poster has actually read & enjoyed the book, I can't see that it has less reason to be in the "freebies" forum than the same post where the poster doesn't personally recommend the book. And those posts are apparently permitted, since I've got at least 50 self-pubs in my TBR list that I noticed because they were listed in the "freebies, deals" forum.
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote