View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Include Series information in book title

Hi everyone. I have read the article on sandboxing and I am affected like everyone else that has updated to the latest iTunes.

Previously, I was able to have iBooks on my iPad 2 show me the title with the series information in front of the book's title. For example Jack Reacher 1: Killing Floor.

In order to get around this sandboxing issue, I thought that I could have a folder on my hard drive that I could connect to via the connect/share button in calibre.
I would then add the books from this folder to iTunes manually. I read about the plugboard settings for Title transformations (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...33#post1153733) and thought this might be the way to go rather than adding the series info into the Title field while editing each book's metadata.

Alas, I just can't get it to work. No matter what I try, I can't get iBooks to show me the series info in the title like it used to.

I am sure that there are others who would like to be able to do this. Can someone PLEASE explain how to achieve this to people with limited IT skills?

In summary, I would simply like to be able save my epub file to my hard drive so that when I import it into iTunes and sync it to my iPad, the series info will appear before the book's title.

Thanks in advance.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote