View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #43
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
I'm getting basically the same message. My shipping date is stated to be 23-June (i.e. today) but as of now, the status still says, "Not yet shipped".

The nook 3G is definitely not available, and hasn't been since it launched last year. I guess that makes sense; since the '3G' part and all the goodies you get with it (reading in-store, instant purchase, etc.) are US-only, it doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to sell it outside. That's why I thought the Wi-Fi might have been available, since there's no question of whether or not the 3G will work.

The only reason I can think of for why the Wi-Fi might not be international, is because the B&N ebook store is US-only, which means they know that customers will be using some store other than their own for their books. Of course, that would be a stupid approach; by not selling the reader internationally, they're ensuring that consumers are going to someone else for an e-reader, so it's not like B&N's benefiting.

So - to sum up, I have no clue what the hell is going on.

Last edited by afa; 06-23-2010 at 05:40 AM.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote