View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #5
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
About the B2B focus: the way I see it, iRex made a serious mistake in giving in to early adopter demand and selling the Iliad in an essentially premature state. (But let's not forget that people were only too eager to shell out 650 euro for a device of which they knew in advance that it wouldn't be fully functional for quite some time.) Software delivery projections are nearly always too optimistic, so making too many promises will come back to haunt you.
Well... Its the problem of releasing betas to a community... Back then everyone said they didn't mind that it was full of bugs. Now they've changed their mind. If you can accept that the Illiad is a beta product then it seems fine, and I personally think that its come a long way since the beginning of summer... It still has a long way to go but I personally wouldn't go back to humping dead trees around...!

Its also a completely different platform. Of course there aren't going to be that many content providers... Where were the online music stores until the Ipod came out...?
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote