View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Oh dear. I don't suppose it matters that he died intestate, that I've already uploaded one of his novels to the MR library as have several other people, and that some of the short stories are on Project Gutenberg? Oh well, I guess I'll wait a few months.
His work will be in the public domain in "Life+50" countries on 1st Jan 2014. (But not in the Australian public domain until 2034, since Australia has a "Life+70" copyright law.)

No, the fact that he died intestate doesn't affect copyright in the least, and the fact that something is on the US PG site simply means that it's in the public domain in the US, not elsewhere. That's why PG tells you to check before downloading whether or not it's in the public domain in your country.

Last edited by HarryT; 09-13-2012 at 05:48 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote