View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 04:36 AM   #1
tarq
Enthusiast
tarq began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E, Sony 700
Newbie seeking advice on what to buy

Hi all, another newbie, first post!

I would like a little help in choosing an ebook reader of some sort but am baffled as to where to start, I'm in the UK.

At the moment I have a PDA Palm Tungsten E, on which the battery has just about had it. I've bought replacement batteries for other devices, but they've never been very good, not lasting long or charging properly, so a new battery would be a last option.

I mainly use it as PDA but also download a lot of reading material, ie Word docs and a few ebooks. I would like to be able to copy downloaded web pages, (like this for instance) and pdf files onto it as well. (Palm doesn't do that unless they can be converted into a Word doc.), so I think a USB port is a must have.

It would be nice to have a larger screen, and one that can be read in bright daylight, but not so large that it isn't easily portable. I wonder what my options are?

I'm not too bothered about the PDA functions because I may be getting a new mobile with them on soon, so it's mainly the reader part, of course it would be helpful if they were there.

I have a budget of about £200 max.
Any sugestions gratefully looked into.

TIA.
tarq
tarq is offline   Reply With Quote