View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #27
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
One thing that doesn't help in Europe is Amazon.co.uk and their stupid attitude to Europe. They will only sell you a Kindle if you live in the UK most of the other items they offer for sale they will ship anywhere in Europe, that means no extra tax or import and usually free shipping. They won't, however, ship a Kindle to Spain. Amazon.com will though BUT you then have to pay tax import duty and shipping to Europe making it more expensive. Just crazy marketing strategy IMHO.
It is very weird that they haven't sorted out the roaming agreements that would allow the .co.uk site to ship to europe, I was quite lucky in that I was able to send mine to my parents address and was then able to order it from the uk site.

Another option you do have to wonder about is why they didn't simply limit sales from the uk site to the wifi-only model for those in europe as then they would at least have the option of avoiding customs charges if they didn't need the 3g model.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote