View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #68
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

thanks Dennis!!

I honestly don't remember VDE. But geeze are we dating our creaky old selves or what? hahaha I'm a lot like you anymore, I don't need full on word processing. In fact I wrote a simple text editor for my business needs and use EditPad for a lot of my other not taking and other needs. Funny how times have changed over the years in this area. Even WordPad is way more powerful than I need more than a few times a year.

What I loved about Ami Pro was the drawing tools, the thing had Bezier curves when apps like Photoshop and CorelDraw were just thinking about it. Add to that it was XML before that became the trend. Plus there were the powerhouse that could, ya had to love anyone who bucked the MS and Wordperfect legions. It also had a spiffy equation editor though I used MathCad in college for that purpose.

And REALLY thanks for that link about text editors. I still have my old Borland IDE for building your own word processing app, I forget the name of it at the moment. Had loads of fun with it. Heck I even have a great SoundEx routine I wrote in, get this, dbase III (well, Foxpro 1.x anyway, well before that it was dbase III but in the QNX dbase clone). It's all on floppy somewhere, if I could only find a real floppy drive!!

Have you noticed that people today, even developers, seem to have forgotten that data entry is far faster using keyboard shortcuts than mousing. It's why I have longed for real from the ground up touch devices and apps. Odd they still haven't mastered text entry. Maybe before I die, but as that could be any day I might miss that bit of fun.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote