View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousMe View Post
How particular are these margins? I mean, the difference between 500x600, 600x730 and 500x707 seems small to me, but what do I know.

Are the former two the best ratios?
Most readers will scale down pictures that are too large and will usually maintain the aspect ratio. Many people don't like blank bars at the top/bottom or on the edges which is why they try and scale the image to fit the screen. A typical screen is 600x800 pixels but often there is a menu or status bar across the bottom taking up a few pixels, say 40 to 60 so sized a picture a bit smaller may keep the actual available area full. These days many screens have larger pixel sizes so it it is sometimes better to let the reader scale the image down to fit but the aspect ratio can still be a problem for some users not want bars around the image. There is no way to expect the image to be perfect except on a single device as the various products differ so much. If you are willing to permit the aspect ratio to vary by CSS entries you can achieve a full image size but whether this is desirable depends on what the image is.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote