View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPG View Post
It works, so long as the only settings you need to change are font size and day/night, and some other minor ones. If you tap the Layout or General Settings icons from inside a book it freezes, so that you have to force the app to shut down and relaunch it before you can carry on reading. So I guess it's not totally dead, but most, arguably, of the features that made it so much better than the other reading apps currently available don't work any more.
Damn, that is such a shame. fortunately I already had my settings the way I wanted them and the firmware update has not changed that. I'm glad I didnt delete stanza then, might have been up the creek with no paddle.

In the meantime I decided to pay for shubook and so far its not looking too bad: the free version was useless, really. Its not Stanza, of course, but it has the essentials of what I want and need in a reader.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote