View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
As I understand it the 3G modem may not support voice, or the software may not enable it. The original Samsung Galaxy 7" from 2010 supported voice for the international version but not for the US version (though that could be enabled via a hack). If I remember correctly no other tablet ever supported voice (I am not sure about the HTC flyer), though a number do have 3G options (iPad, Samsung 7.7").
you're correct, it would be for data only, although it would be highly amusing to watch people with a tablet up against their ears

the product is being pushed in direct response to the potential iPad Mini which more than likely will have a 3G variant if they follow the path of its big brother.

As others have stated, I really don't care for a Cell capable variant as I mainly use Wifi around the house and at work and use free tethering that came with my phone in a pinch (which actually did come in handy while camping this past weekend ).
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote