View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #103
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdreamer View Post
I did download ebook publisher, but don't know how to save the book to imp or anything else. I've never used anything but EBW Librarian so this will all be new to me. What do you mean by bookmaking? Ebook publisher wants me to print the book and I want to save it. I could really use some step by steps here I guess.
Thanks for your help.
Zelda_pinwheel was writing her explanations on what to do way past her bedtime!!! She has given you some great ideas to further explore, like Mobi2IMP and lit2sb (i.e. .lit to .imp).

Allow me to further elaborate since these programs can be found here in the Fictionwise fourm, namely Mobi2IMP 9.4 with new Windows GUI & UTF-8 and Convert .lit directly into .IMP formats. I would also recommend, in the Format Conversion forum, PDFRead 1.8.2 released! for all your .pdf/.djvu converting needs.

The above programs are mainly useful in creating .imp ebooks using previously created ebooks (in a different format like .prc/.pdb/.lit/.pdf). I have a lot of hands-on experience with these programs since most were created/exploited by me.

For creating your own .imp ebooks from .html source, the most powerful software to use is eBook_Publisher. It has a steep learning curve, but what powerful software doesn't.

Ok, now enough with the introductory stuff, let's get you creating .imp ebooks:

- First, eBook Publisher requires that you to create a New Project (.opf file) using the File menu item.

- Next, you should enter the ebook details using Edition Setting... under the Project menu and save it using the name of your resulting .imp ebook. Ensure you uncheck "Require ISBN", enter Title, Author and Bookshelf Category at a minimum as these are required entries.

- Next, you can Add Files... any source .html, just change the file-requester's filetype from *.odf to *.html.

- Next make sure you change the Build Target from the default "OEBFF: All Targets" to "Grayscale Half-VGA" for the eBookwise 1150 .imp format.

- Last, select Build Edition... and determine if the Processing Successful message appears as the last line of the Errors and Messages window. If not, you may need to tweak your source .html and repeat Build Edition... until you are satisfied with the .imp output.

To get the .imp file onto the reader, just follow this.

Obviously, this is just a very cursory step-by-step, but it should point you in the direction. And yes, you will benefit by reading the eBook Publisher 2.1 documentation/manual (User's Guide).

Ask away if you get stuck, either here or in a new thread.

Enjoy!

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-09-2008 at 10:35 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote