View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi Revellian View Post
Also, all apostrophes and double speech marks have been replaced by question marks in black diamonds. I can't correct them with Find and Replace, as that would remove the distinction between them and I'd end up with single speech marks.
That *could* be due to an error in your HTML where the document specifies one set of character set but then is actually written in another character set. I have seen one novel where two different character sets were specified, and ended up causing problems similar to yours.
As for your previous question, what generated the HTML that you cannot see in Book View? There is apparently something out of order with the HTML that you imported, because Book View should be your default initial view. During import, Sigil runs the HTML through an HTML cleaner (Tidy), which may have not been able to produce clean HTML for import into Sigil?
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote