Thread: Get Well Slow
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #24
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Thanks chaps:

Just to make my week complete, when I tried to open my PC this morning to start work and to save urgent work onto memory sticks to use with this wee netbook, the darned thing wouldn't cooperate.

A tech guy's just been and taken it away. The mother board's kaput, so it means importing a new system from the UK or US (otherwise it would be in French). He'll be able to save my files, I guess, but not all the special software I have in there for my work.

And my big and beautiful Calibre Library will be wiped out, I suppose. That's what I was going to use this weekend to stock up on reading because I only carry a few odds and ends and my current reading book in my 505.

I've just installed Calibre on my netbook, so now it's a matter of downloading some new books. I'll try here at MR first; facing a lot of lost work through hospial time this year and now with a new computer to buy, I'll be conventrating on MR's generous free classics. Any quick reading tips would be appreciated.

Hoots. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote