View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #68
kissyfish
Connoisseur
kissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Irex Iliad
I am a tech-head so to speak, I loathed apple for quite a long time, being a unix and windows kind of guy, but with the ever increasing number of viruses and malware on PCs, and my reluctance to support linux for my wife, we bought a mac mini. With unix being the underlying OS on mac, and my ability to adequeately secure the box with no antivirus anti spyware, etc, I am a convert. I prefer open systems, but if what you want to do is within what the mac/apple device offers, the apple system does it very well. They have thought through the whole system and experience from end to end. My ipod, which I use primarily for podcasts, and email does the job wonderfully, the integration from the ipod, through itunes, through the app store is a well thought out ecosystem, I would never buy a different mp3 player.

That said, I would like to be able to develop apps without having to use objective-c, as I prefer python, so I am on the fence about the tablet. I prefer having linux, and all the openness that goes with it for my ereader, but then again, I really like being able to collect my email (home account) and maybe play a game or two, and I am sure the itablet/islate will do this nicely.

In the end, we all have different needs/desires, and It is good toi have choices.

(I am really interested in the que, the price point/eink are what I like, but winCE would be my last choice for an OS) I am on the fence until after CES/the 27th, but then am ready to open my wallet happily).

Happy new years all!
kissyfish is offline   Reply With Quote