View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I tried using the wildcard
\[(*)\]
from MS word 2000 to find [Pg 1], [Pg 2] etc. in Sigil 1.6 bookview, and the wildcard search did not work. It works fine in Word. Does anyone know if the wildcards recognized by sigil the same as those for Word? If not, could someone point me to a ref for the Sigil wildcards?

Bob
Switch to regular expression and use "\[Pg \d+\]". I haven't yet had time to write up a description of Sigil's search engine. A (very) technical explanation of the current engine in use can be found here.

In essence, the wildcard syntax is glob-like, and the regex variant is perl-like.

Word uses something very particular and proprietary, and I don't intend to replicate that functionality. Only people who have used Word know how it's search syntax works, and the ones used in Sigil are extremely widespread in the technical world.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote