View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #132
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
init_sshd() Round 12

okay so reading the code...

filesystem is not noexec

Quote:
# First take care of var/local
if ! mount -t ext3 -o rw $local /var/local; then
f_log I filesystems createvarlocal "Creating /var/local filesystem"
mkfs.ext3 -F -L LocalVars $local
tune2fs -c 0 -i 0 $local # disable fsck
rm -rf /var/local/*
mount -t ext3 -o rw $local /var/local
cp -arf /opt/var/local/. /var/local/.
fi
mkdir -p /var/local/system
Also the section of code that appears to do "something" with dropbear (not sure what is supposed to invoke it- possibly it's a startup call?) by my reading of it should attempt to at the very least create a new key in /etc/dropbear/blah , even after I nerfed the /usr/local/* cleanup.

ASSUMPTION: Key is overwritten if the key already exists, this may be wrong.

Quote:
&& %s -t rsa -f %s
has to be dropbearkey -t rsa -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key

Thus if that was triggered one might assume that my copy in usr/local/dropbear/key would be different to the one in /etc/dropbear/key

[root@kindle mmc]# diff -s usr/local/etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key
Quote:
Files usr/local/etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key and etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key are identical
They are the same however. And thus the key I expect. So it's not a wonky key.
ASSUMPTION: was probably wrong. as opposed to anything else as rm -rf /usr/local/* operates as expected when in place...

I'll give this config a go and see what falls out then go for a strace (don't want to hang DIAGS too bad. might get stuck)

Quote:
init_sshd()
{
# respawn

# expect fork
/usr/local/sbin/dropbear -a -p 22 -g -K 0 -r /usr/local/etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key -E 2> /mnt/us/droplog

sleep 5

ps aux > /mnt/us/processes

/usr/local/sbin/dropbear -P /var/run/sshd -p 22 -r /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key -E 2> /mnt/us/droplog2

sleep 5

ps aux > /mnt/us/processes2

}
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote