View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #128
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy D. View Post
Does anyone know of a battery timer app for the Kindle? (I did a cursory forum search and didn't find anything, but then I may not have been using the best terms.)
I'm not sure I know what a battery timer app is...

There is https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=11 which simply spits out a report of the current level and more importantly the Available Capacity, which will diminish over the lifetime of the device....

"Thumb in the air metrics":
K3 Avail Cap should be around 1200 I have one that has dipped to 709
DX about 1300
K4 I have runs at 817 mAh
K5 runs at 956 mAh
Don't have a PW to compare to sorry...
EDIT: ah as shown here Jimmy-Jims PW is 709

Obviously the higher the Available Capacity the less often you will have to charge the device and the longer it will live between charges.

I can kill a device in about 4 hours to dead flat when playing really intensive games (like doom) on it.

Hopefully some reference metrics will help move this discussion forward.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Is that for a tablet or something? Or am I being stupid?

Last edited by twobob; 02-28-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: K5 metrics... whoops forgot that one
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote