View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
I wrote a review of the jetBook Color when I first received it and i've been busy with it since. My office now uses the jetBook Color for document storage and editing.

It's just easy to get along with. You input a microSD or just load your files to the device via miniUSB.

Best part: no dreaded software (cough cough itunes cough cough).

I think you'll like it and if you have questions i know the community here is helpful and they do have youtube videos on some of the workings as well.
Thanks for the reassurance. I noticed they even have a "video manual" up on the alternate www.jetbookcolor.com site now that was pretty informative. They're dealing with education bureaucracies and trying to respond to their needs, but one advantage of that is that they could end up with a lot of users. There is a big hole in the market to respond to this niche, but if they start making inroads Amazon and Apple may respond with their own versions to protect their education market share. That will be good for users too. I expect they may come out with a version more targeted to global business as well. Amazon and Apple have left things wide open by aiming at the "tiny movie screen" crowd instead of developing a larger eReader.