View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Irony is, if you use Calibre to upload books to the SD card, it won't even use those folders.
I don't have those folders, and it works fine for me.

I just have epubs on the card (non-series in the main root folder of the folder, one subfolder per series). It shouldn't cause problems.

A bad file could possibly cause something like that, which is one reason why I put everything on SD card, since you can take it out easily, not so easy when it gets stuck on something in the internal memory.

The Story HD has a debug log feature. If you create an empty file with the name "enable_syslog" in the root of the internal memory, it will write debug messages to a dump_syslog.txt

In that debug log the updating of the database looks like this:

Code:
Feb 24 11:57:25 lni local0.info flow: ++DBManager::Generation_BookDB (internal, bSD) (0, 1)
Feb 24 11:57:25 lni local0.info flow: ++DBManager::Shutdown
Feb 24 11:57:27 lni local0.info flow: --DBManager::Shutdown
Feb 24 11:57:27 lni local0.info flow: ++DBManager::Startup
Feb 24 11:57:27 lni local0.info flow: --DBManager::Startup
Feb 24 11:57:27 lni local0.info flow: ++DBManager::Shutdown
Feb 24 11:57:28 lni local0.info flow: --DBManager::Shutdown
Feb 24 11:57:28 lni local0.info flow: ++DBManager::Startup
Feb 24 11:57:29 lni local0.info flow: --DBManager::Startup
Feb 24 11:57:29 lni local0.info flow: --DBManager::Generation_BookDB : 3124 ms
Feb 24 11:57:29 lni local0.info flow: flow_flush_gc : flag = 2
It's a slim chance but maybe if there's a problem there'd be an error message in there.

Make sure to remove the enable_syslog file afterwards, as otherwise it will keep filling up your internal memory and I don't want to know what happens when it runs out of space.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote