Thread: Oh, The Irony!!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
So, looking at this campaign they are claiming that eating meat makes you fat?

Personally I don't find the advert offensive (I am technically obese but think myself just overweight and I am sensitive (sometimes overly) about my weight and the size of my belly) however, I can completely understand and appreciate why some people would find it offensive - for that reason alone I think that it is wrong (it doesn't matter what I personally think, rather what the people effected think/feel).

Unfortunately we live in a society that believes that things like this are acceptable. I still have the occasional person make fun of my weight (it's in a fun manner so it's okay! It doesn't matter how it makes me feel!) I also occasionally have people make fun of the fact that I am scouse (this doesn't bother me too much and I don't think it has ever hurt my feelings!)
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote