View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #26
Santos
Avid Reader
Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaNer View Post
Hello all,

The majority of my life I have neglected reading books and was more focused on learning about computers and playing video games and such. In my junior year of high school, I was introduced to Mark Z. Danielewski's House of Leaves, and now I read it once a year. This was good as it got me into reading, but for a long time I could find nothing to compare it to.

Skipping forward a touch, I got a Kindle last Christmas, and started spending all of my free time at work reading. I got through various silly things, such as World War Z and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Then I moved on and finally read the entire Harry Potter series, Hitch Hikers Guide series, Lord of the Rings series, and am starting on Game of Thrones (Which is the first book that I saw a TV show stick so close to, that's awesome).

In short, I like a variety of book types. From comedy science fiction (like Tom Holt's work) to some of the grittier mind-blowing thrillers like House of Leaves. I guess I just want to find more books that excite me. Books that make me feel emotion. Most of all, I want a well thought out, well written and interesting set of books to venture into.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated, and if it's on Kindle, if I read it I promise that if I ever meet any of you, I will personally give you the best High-Five of your life.

Thank you for your time.

Since you're a computer geek and video gamer like myself, I would recommend some emotobooks.. I was never a big reader either until the mid 90's, then I started picking up the habit. I read for enjoyment and to learn. I do keep my eye out for new things and emotobooks really seemed right up my alley. Check em out and lemme know
Santos is offline   Reply With Quote