View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #334
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermudagirl View Post
Shelf management was working great for me until recently when I had to do a factory reset of my Kobo Touch. After I had done this I was having problems moving books back onto the Touch - I kept getting this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 490, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1679, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2575, in get_bookshelflist
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
That means that the database on the device was corrupt. The factory reset should have fixed it, but doing a log out on the device will do it without removing the books.
Quote:
After a couple more factory resets, upgrading Calibre to the most recent, and making sure my plugins are all up to date, I am managing to put books back on the touch, but there are not appearing in their collections as before.
This probably means you have missed a configuration step. Other than suggesting you go through them carefully, the only thing I can suggest is to run calibre in debug mode and post the log for me to look at. You do this by right clicking on the preferences button and selecting "Restart in debug mode" and then following the prompts,
Quote:
When I selected "Manage Series on Device" for one of my collections (that has only one book at the moment) and confirmed that the old series and new series were the same and hit "ok" I get "no changes made to series information".
That sounds right. You didn't make any changes, so there were no changes made on the device. If you changed the series or number, then it would have updated the database.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote