View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:56 AM   #28
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoved View Post
I paid US $63 (with free, albeit slow, shipping) for the replacement screen.

I am happy with how it turned out and satisfied with my decision to replace the screen instead of buying a new reader.

I admit it was not an obvious choice, since a new Kindle NT would have cost only a few dollars more than the replacement screen. However, other than the crack in the original screen, I knew my Kindle was in perfect functioning condition, so I thought it would be materially wasteful to discard it when a repair was possible.

In conclusion, if you take pride in fixing things and keeping them going, I would recommend the replacement screen route. On the other hand, I think it would be perfectly reasonable and defensible to put the money towards a new reader instead.
Very sound reasoning about the condition of your Kindle.

And the pride of accomplishment is worth a lot too.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote