View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
I don't remember ever reading reviews AFTER I've purchased a product, so I don't notice if someone's review is inaccurate in those cases.

I have noticed though, that often personal reviews of products are written by people who have just purchased the product and had it for a day to a week and are still not that familiar with all it's features or how to use them. They are often overly critical because they expected it to do so much more than it was designed to do. I never put much stock in brand new owner reviews for my pre-purchase information.

Often (or always), in order to report an inaccurate review I might come across, similar to the ones you mention, you need to register (sign-up) with the site, often agree to accept advertising e-mails, etc., that I'm not willing to subject myself to.

What bugs me more is when a retailer describes a product they sell incorrectly. Such is the case with Walmart.com. On their site the Sony PRS is described as: "SONY E-READER 6" LCD PORTABLE E-BOOK." Yet the first item under KEY FEATURES says: Technology: E Ink "electronic paper"

Wait . . . what?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote