View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #36
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
This is mostly speculation, but I suspect the third mode is a combination of a dimmer backlight and reflected light. That's why it's referred to as "transflective" (transmitted + reflective). The combination of the two is what current laptops are unable to do.

The dimmed backlight provides the color and the reflected light makes up for the brightness.
So Mode 1 is Color, Back light LCD

Mode 2 is Color, Slightly backlight, but readable in Sun with Color LCD. this currently does not exist to any major degree. is this different from mode one, or is it just the ability to see a color screen in full sun?

Mode 3 is LOW power, no backlight, and colors get washed out by the sun, in the videos, only blue(and black) shows thought in full sun with the back light off.

correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote