View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by franc View Post
Hallo

Is it possible to disable at all the device search and reading of external devices (ebook-reader, smartphones etc.)?
I use Calibre only to read on my PC or Mac, never I want to sync anything to my phone (a SGS4) but sometimes Calibre scans all on it which takes a time and this is not stoppable and will result in crash if I disconnect my phone:
Code:
Unbehandelte Ausnahme bei 0x0595149B (wpd.pyd) in calibre.exe: 0xC0000005: Zugriffsverletzung beim Lesen an Position 0x00000009
0595149B  mov         eax,dword ptr [edx+8]
Possible to disable devices at all?
How?

I found this old thread "Anyway to tell calibre to ignore my ereader device?", but I don't find where I could disable the device plugin in settings.

Thank's
frank

Calibre 2.52 on Windows 8.1 (64) Enter. and MacBook OS 10.11.4
Preference: Plugins (not get plugins): Device Interface plugins: <select a PI and use the button on lower Left>
The driver name appears on the status line of the main UI when connected
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote