Thread: Battery life!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #72
StealthyScribe
Feverish
StealthyScribe began at the beginning.

Device: Black Kobo
I was completely happy with the battery during the first week of use, but now I'm so fed up that I finally called them today.

I charged it for 3 hours last Monday (the 10th) when I first got it. The red light came on right away but I left it alone. That charge lasted until Saturday when it was down to one little tick so I decided to charge it again while it was syncing with the desktop app. Again, I left it for 3 hours and then powered it down overnight. When I turned it back on on Sunday the battery life was about 75%. Used it for a total of about 5 hours between Sunday and Wednesday, when it finally died on me last night. I left it charging overnight, but when I woke up this morning it wasn't on the "plugged in" screen it was on the "I'm reading" page, so I don't know what happened, yet my computer was still on and the device was still plugged in, so I'm not sure exactly how long it got to charge for. When I turned it on, the battery is only at 50%.

I got through to Kobo right away and the lady I spoke with said that something is definitely wrong and suggested that I try a USB wall charger. I don't have one but obviously need to go out and get one. She said that the USB wall charger might work better. If this is the case, then why doesn't the device come with one?? She said my only other option was returning the reader to them and they'd have a look at it and possibly send me another one. I don't like the idea of this option either because with my luck I'd get one that was covered in scratches or something like that.

She also said that we should be getting 8000 page turns from it, but couldn't tell me what they meant by "average use." She also confirmed that they're planning an upgrade through the desktop app this weekend.
StealthyScribe is offline   Reply With Quote