View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 06:18 AM   #17
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
There's lots of good ideas flying about here -- spoilt for choice! Everyone uses their iLiad in different ways, so you never know when a change is going to ruin someone's common use habits, and when those habits have actually been steered by the current limitations of the interface. For instance...

When I was at university last year, I used my iLiad for taking notes in lectures. I quickly realised that the standard method of creating a new page was too slow -- by the time the new page was created, I'd missed a huge chunk of what my lecturer was saying. So I started making PDF notebooks of 100 pages, so that I could just turn the page rather than having to create it. But since it's really easy to hit a button when writing with the stylus, I would lock the keys, which meant that I needed the toolbar at the bottom in order to turn to the next page quickly.

So, on reading some of the ideas for removing that bar, my first thought was "but I need that for turning pages quickly when writing!" But then I thought, Hang on a minute. What I *really* need is the ability to lock all the buttons except the page turning bar. Or maybe even just the four below the screen. Or maybe just turn the whole display upside down!
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote