View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #39
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It certainly applies to me. When I buy a book I almost always know in advance what I'm going to buy (eg at the moment I'm building up my collection of Robert Ludlum's thrillers, and buying one a week, in publication order). I see the cover on Amazon when I buy it, but that's probably the last time I will see it. I have my Kindle configured to display its library as a text list (I find it more informative), and a cover is of no interest to me whatsoever.

Is this really puzzling?
Yes.

I wasn't speaking of displaying the cover on an e-reader, or of buying books by an author already known to you; I was talking about browsing for a book. A cover image conveys a lot of information that tells me instantly if I want to take a closer look.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote