View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #10
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Don't read any Jo Nesbø? I've just bought two of her books so they are on my TBR list.
I don't like his books much. Most other people seem to do though... (I'm odd enough to not be a huge fan of Henning Mankell either. Probably something wrong with me, but I'm old enough to not care...)

The only foreign language I am fluent enough to read a novel in is English.
Like most Scandinavians, I guess, I don't have too much difficulties to read in Norwegian and Danish, but I don't mind reading those books in Swedish either even though I generally prefer to read in the original language.
I really wish I was able to read in Spanish, but I don't wish it enough to go learn it...
I read lots of non-fiction i English. And I have read tons of both British and American crime novels. I prefer the British ones, but back in the days of Ed McBains 87th books I devoured them all!
While I like the TV series Rizzoli and Isles I did not enjoy the books much. Nowhere near as entertaining as on TV! (Read a couple of books before watching TV and almost didn't want to watch because I didn't think it would be any fun).
With my favourite (or one of any way) Scandinavian crime writer Unni Lindell it's the opposite. Love the books, but don't want to see the TV adaptations.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote