View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Hello,
i didn't see this info anywhere else on the forum, so i'm hoping someone knows about it.

GEB Librarian seems to create a backup copy of all files that i copy to my eb1150. so, if i have a file called ebook.imp which weighs 500ko, and then i use the Librarian to put it on my eb1150, if i look in the files using windows file explorer (it doesn't show in the Librarian), i see the original ebook.imp at 500ko AND ebook.imp.save, which also weighs 500ko.

what is this ".imp.save" file ? apparently, the Librarian doesn't delete the original file, only copies it (which is perfect, so i have a backup), and i have yet to find a way to get a file OFF the eb1150 onto my hd using the Librarian (sub-question : if there is a way, please tell me !), and as far as i can see, no "syncing" ever goes on between the eb1150 and the Librarian so i can't imagine what they could be used for. so what is the point in having this backup ?

thanks for any help !
this is created when you modify a category, not when you do the load. I have asked the author to add a way to erase them but unless he decides to do another release it won't be changed. He was worried that changing the category might corrupt the file I suppose.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote