Thread: Goodbye bookeen
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 05:43 AM   #11
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
What I want to say by that: I check out, whether I'm okay with the original release of the unit and don't rely on any firmware updates for missing features.
Most users ask for folder support for years from most manufacturers. They either have it from the start - or they don't seem to add it anytime...
That seems to be the best strategy so far. And with that in mind one has to remember that for the Cybook PDF was only added to the supported formats very close to the release date and I think it was added in a hurry - half-finished.

There has been some progress, though, since the last update (sometime May or June 2008, if I remember correctly) it's gotten a lot more stable and does not crash so much on smaller files. Large files and (large) embedded pictures are still a problem, though.
Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote