View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:45 AM   #25
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
they aren't - there's a tiny tiny hint of the old stuff, but that's all - the constant never-ending sex and big supernatural stuff is almost all there is, and it's too bad - anita started out with a multifacted world - her job, relationship with the police and with bert and the rest of the animators inc crew, her neighbors, edward, various vampires, friends and foes plus plenty of background - family, the college guy who dumped her, her mother's death - that's all gone, too. she used to go jogging, she had 2 human buddies. what made anita good for me is that she existed in a version of our real world, but with realistic amounts of supernatural stuff woven in in a realistic way.

i miss that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
haven't followed the series, but I've seen reports that the latest are moving back toward the former style. Perhaps Hamilton is regaining her balance.
______
Dennis
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote