View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #43
Turt99
Connoisseur
Turt99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlmccann11 View Post
The slightly more expensive Sony ebook reader only stores 350 books, you can't a card to expand the memory, and books purchased from the site are charged to Canadians in USD.
Not a superior product IMO.
I got a Kobo on release date, and when my wife saw it she wanted an eReader but wanted a pick one so she got the Sony PRS-300 because it comes in pink.

So we have both readers in the house and I would have to say right now I would say the Sony is the better device. You download books and load them to the device. Its a little faster, it feels tougher, it has a few extra buttons to get around in the menu faster. It has the page turn in the center of the reader for much better one-handed use.

It has a slightly smaller screen and yes it does have limited memory, but go ahead and put more then 350 books on your Kobo and see how easy it is to find a book in the menu.

I really went back and forth before buying my Kobo, and on paper the Kobo is a better reader for me (bigger screen and expandable memory) but sometimes I doubt I made the right choice.

Plus like I said above, if I knew how much I would enjoy eReading I might have had a better look at some of the more expensive readers (ie. the $250 range), then you would have the Sony Touch which gives you the missing feature (screen size and expanding memory) along with speed, touch screen, dictionary etc.
Turt99 is offline   Reply With Quote