View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #26
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I tried to run this on Touch and here it goes:
Code:
./ufbvncd: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
so I created a symbolic link:
Code:
ln -s libjpeg.so libjpeg.so.62
and in vain hope of being successful, finally I got the following error:

Code:
ufbvncd: open_device> cannot open framebuffer device "/dev/fb/0"
ufbvncd: startup> cannot open device
which I guess confirms what geekmaster said about framebuffer difference between KT and other Kindles here.

So, is there anyway we can have VNC server on Touch?
/dev/fb/0 was an alias for /dev/fb0 that does not exist on newer kindles. Replace /dev/fb/0 with /dev/fb0 and you are golden, but you still have the "bits-per-pixel" and "line_length" details you must deal with. In a script, you can use eips -i|grep ... to extract that information. You can look at these scripts for examples:

K4 and Touch (ddplot): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1997659

Touch (touchpaint): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1989102

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-10-2012 at 02:50 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote