View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I use Finereader 9 full version. Error rate for me is around 1 in 5 pages for straight text. Since I am one of those "zero-defect tolerance" people, it doesn't save me any proofing time, but fewer changes.

Finereader 10 has "cloud" features, so I am not interested. I use Finereader on my "sterile" machine...
Cloud? Really? For the standard version? Eep. But the info-page seems to say the cloud features are for the Corporate & Site licenses, not Pro.

Also: Do you know what resolutions 9 allow syou to save PDF images at? 7 lets me save out as a range of sizes from 72dpi to 600 dpi; 8 just has low-medium-high, and I think high is 300 dpi. (Maybe if I'm lucky, "high" is "match original." That's what happens when I save 400dpi scans at 600 on FR7.)

I prefer to work with 400 dpi scans, and save out as 300 dpi when I'm keeping images, but sometimes I want to keep 600dpi scans as original.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote