Thread: Classic First impressions
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I find page breaks refreshing and have no problem with my Sony PRS-500. (The newer 505, 700, 300, and 600 are faster for page turning and display than the 500.) I will press the page advance button with a line or two still left on the current page and it seems to work out well. I also use the end-of-the-page / start-of-the-next-page period as a time to look away from the screen, to allow my eyes to focus on something other than the text. This avoids eye strain for me allows me to read for longer periods of time.

My older Sony requires that you keep the font that was originally specified and you have the choice of three (3) sizes (small, medium, and large.) It will reformat the book when you change font sizes (and that may take a long time depending upon the length of the book and prior reformatting. Will the nook allow you to change the font of an existing book? What font sizes are available?

The Sony LRF format is great for keeping you where you want to be. In a given font size page 145 will always start with the same words. Not so with Mobipocket (or the Amazon Kindle format that is based on Mobipocket.) Given the same font and font size, does the nook maintain consistent page registeration?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote