View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #53
spitfire_ch
Enthusiast
spitfire_ch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thank you very much for your fast, friendly and helpful reply! That helps a great deal, I did not know it was the same system ADE uses. That opens new sources of information And, maybe even the possibility to port the annotations to ADE? I'll have to look into that. My goal is basically to translate the Sony annotations to some other system, so that I can finally export the annotations together with the book to some other reader app. I don't like depending on one physical device in order to make use of my annotations. Understanding the system Sony uses is the first step to that.

Quote:
I would actually be interested to know if the reading position on the Sony devices are stored somewhere accessible and in what format. Because of the common Adobe RMSDK, I have been wondering of the Kobo position could be copied to the Sony devices.
It's done in the exact same way the annotations are stored, just in a different table. The Sony reader contains a couple of SQLite DBs, the most important one being the books.db. Within the books.db, you'll find a table named "current_position". It has the structure seen in the attachment "current_position.png". This table contains a blob column called "mark", which encodes the location in the familiar way:
OEBPS/9781118087459c09.xhtml#point(/1/4/2/276/1:453)
If you are interested, you can pm me and I will send you the entire books.db, so that you can have a look at it first hand.

Best regards, spitfire