View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #4
Bobbe
Enthusiast
Bobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blueBobbe can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: sony prs 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When you set up the device, a key of some sort is generated and stored. This is used for authentication whenever the device connects to the Kobo store. The key doesn't get invalidated when you change the password. That's great because you don't have to change anything on the device. But, if the device was stolen, there is no way to stop the device from accessing your books. That also means they can buy more books if you have stored your credit card with Kobo.
Thank you, this is very useful information. Kobo should make a "help, my kobo is lost/stolen" button on their website, so that you could factory reset it through their website. I would also like a security code so that I could lock the device when it's sleeping. But not using a credit card for buying books works great in the mean time.. 😉
Bobbe is offline   Reply With Quote