View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 03:07 AM   #1
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-505
Calibre Filenames and Sony PRS-650

Hi there,

I have a question (or perhaps a request?) ...

First my setup:

- I use a Sony PRS-650 which is able to "sort by filename"
- I use Calibre to fill the Sony because I LOVE the way Calibre puts my books in Collections based on "Series" and "Tags"
- My books get their meta-data edited to only include the book name in "title" (no series information) - and I want it to stay that way

Now my question:

Is there any way to get calibre to "export" my files directly to my Sony using the following convention (and still put them in collections like before)?

Author - Series - Series Index - Name of the book - anything calibre needs to identify

Why I would like this:

If something like this is possible, I could make "collections" by using tags (For example "English" - "Deutsch" - "Rollins, James") and use "sort by filename" to put everything inside one collection in a logical order (well - logical for me) - Series would be in order, single books by the same author would be at the right place etc.)

Is there any way to do what I would like?

Uluhara is offline   Reply With Quote