View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #40
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Spoiler:
It will turn your HD+ into an unrestricted Android eReader/Tablet.

This confuses me. Google Play lets me download pretty much any app including Kindle, Kobo, Audible, Downpour, etc. This lets me read anything that is in the cloud to be downloaded. I have other android apps for reading or listening to anything that is sideloaded. I'm not sure what rooting gains. In addition, I've used the streaming for playing music from my Amazon cloud while waiting in the ER. Good speaker on this thing.

If you like moving backgrounds, Paperlands is great. I love the little cars with headlights at night. Yeah, I like dumb gadgets.

By the way, for audiobook players, I really like Smart Audiobook Player Pro. For a freebee, Akimbo is the most robust and can read m4b as well as wma and ogg files. I haven't tested it on anything but Mp3 so far though. It will also track your listening stats. I also like another freebee called Listen, but it does Mp3 files only. This one has the advantage that you can start/stop by touching anywhere on the center off the screen - a plus for those who need this feature. All 3 of these were designed for Android phones, but they work perfectly well on a tablet.

The ONLY thing I would like to be able to change is to be able to move books that I have archived out of my main book library and into an archive space. I have 600 books at B&N and scrolling through all the stuff I have already read is so irritating.

Last edited by Tarana; 01-22-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote